Saturday, September 13, 2014

Chicken Lollipop

After a long time I am updating my blog … I have many recipes which I haven’t posted since long so very soon I am going to post each and every one of them… Well today my recipe is chicken lollipop… I love to have chicken lollipop but I love the one with sauce rather than just the fry. In Chennai I use to relish on this dish by visiting or ordering food from “Wangs Kitchen” but then I never thought that I can prepare this at home with just a few ingredients… It is also a populate dish in Indian Chinese Cuisine. Hence this recipe is mainly for all of them who love to have Chicken Lollipop.



Chicken Lollipops with Honey-Chili Sauce 
·         Oil for frying

Ingredients to Marinate Chicken
·         6 chicken drumsticks or wings
·         Fresh cilantro & sprig onions for garnish
·         3 cloves garlic, minced
·         1 tablespoon minced Ginger
·         1 tablespoon Red Chili paste
·         2 egg yolks, beaten
·         2 tablespoons cornstarch
·         2 tablespoons flour
·         1½ teaspoons salt
·         ½ teaspoon white pepper
·         Few drops of Red Colour
Sauce:
·         2 tablespoons water
·         1 tablespoon red chili paste
·         1 tablespoon honey
·         3 cloves garlic, minced
·         1 teaspoon minced ginger
·         2 green chillies minced
·         Spring Onions for Garnish
·         A pinch of Salt

1.      In medium-sized bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the Wings or Chicken Drumsticks and gently toss to coat. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
2.      In a wok, heat oil. Working in batches, fry the chicken until golden brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per batch. Remove and drain on plates lined with paper towels.
3.      In a small pan take a spoon of oil and fry ginger, garlic and green chillies. Once the raw smell goes off put the chilly sauce and salt. Once it is heated add a little water and heat it until it become thick. Take it out and mix the honey with it.
4.      Arrange the Chicken Lollipops on a plate and pour the sauce on top of it and garnish it with Spring onions and Cilantro.

Wow and your yummy chicken lollipop is ready… J
This is a very simple and easy recipe to try. I am sure you can really bring a smile to your loved ones by service this…



No comments:

Post a Comment