Monday, August 19, 2013

Pinwheel Cookies

After a long time I am posting a recipe again… it doesn’t mean that I was not cooking all these days but I was very lazy to type it and post it… L  Anyhow I am here once again with my recipes and this time I am going to post the recipe for Pinwheel Cookies…  I tried these cookies as the colour and the taste attracted me to try it out… My neighbor’s kids loved it so much that every day the younger one asks me for chocolate cookies…  but before trying the recipe I would like to tell you that you need to have patience to try out this recipe… it take long time for the cookies to bind hence it would take two days for the process to be over and you can have your cookies… The recipe is mentioned below :


Butter –
Sugar – 1 cup
Salt – a pinch
All purpose Flour (Maida) – 3 cups
Baking powder – 1 tablespoon
Egg yolks – 2
Vanilla essence – 2 teaspoons
Instant Espresso powder – 1 tsp
Cocoa Powder – 3 tablespoons
Bitter chocolate – 50 grams
Milk – ½ cup

Sift the flour, salt and baking soda. In a mixer  cream the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar and mix it well. Add the egg , milk and vanilla and mix it properly.  Now divide the dough in two portions.
In one portion you can add crushed almonds or cashew and mix it properly or you can leave it as it is so that you get the taste of vanilla. Once mixed properly keep it aside.
For the second portion of dough first melt the bitter chocolate. Add the instant espresso powder and cocoa powder in it and mix it with the dough.
Keep both the dough in refrigerator for half an hour. Now take it out and roll out the 1st portion of the dough (Vanilla) into a rectangle shape on a waxed paper. Do the same with the second portion of dough (Chocolate)
Now carefully place the chocolate dough on top of the vanilla dough.  Peel off the waxed paper. Now press the dough and roll the dough like a swiss roll and now wrap the roll in a cling film and keep it refrigerated for 12 hours.
Once its done take off the cling film and with a sharp knife slice the roll into thin slices.  Heat the oven to 180C for 15 to 20 minutes. The cookies will expand a bit… Do try it out and let me know your feedback












No comments:

Post a Comment